The Eighth q-bio Conference: Special Issue
- Dear q-bio 2014 participants
We would like to invite you to submit your work to the special issue of Physical Biology dedicated to the q-bio conference. The conference has partnered with this journal for a number of years, and you can download examples of prior special issues from the journal web page http://iopscience.iop.org/1478-3975/
- Submission deadline: November 1, 2014; no extensions will be given.
- First round of reviews completed: around February 1, 2015.
- Final acceptance/rejection decisions: around May 1, 2015.
- Publication: July 2015, in time for the Ninth q-bio Conference.
For this special issue, we will be accepting the following types of articles:
- Research Papers — Comprehensive, fully documented reports of original research.
- Perspectives — Personal view on a particular research topic or discipline.
- Tutorials — Background knowledge for an audience unfamiliar with the subject.
- Reviews — Critical evaluations of the existing state of knowledge on a particular topic or research area.
Articles related to the topics of your presentations at the recent (2014, 2013, etc.) q-bio conferences are generally suitable for submission to the special issue. However, to ensure that the special issue is balanced among the different article types, we ask that you indicate your intent to submit to the special issue to the editor by sending an email (including article type, title, author names, and a brief abstract) to . You will receive a preliminary assessment of suitability of the proposed paper for the Special Issue within a few days after your email. The final submission will then be due by November 1, 2014.
Additional information about the Special Issue can be found at the conference web site http://q-bio.org/wiki/The_Eighth_q-bio_Conference:_Special_Issue
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the Special Issue.
- Ilya Nemenman
- q-bio Special Issue Editor