Undergraduate Quantitative Biology (UQ-bio) Summer School, 2022
Dates: June 1 – 17, 2022
Location: Colorado State University
Applications are due March 15, 2022. Apply HERE.
The Undergraduate Quantitative Biology (UQ-bio) Summer School is an annual event intended to help undergraduate and first year graduate students acquire essential skills to advance predictive modeling of cellular regulatory systems. Participants will be exposed to a survey of work in quantitative biology and provided with in-depth instruction in selected techniques. The emphasis of the 2022 program will be experimental and computational techniques useful to understand cellular regulatory networks at the single-cell level.
The main focus of the program is to get students working together with mentors on small projects. All participants will have access to pre-recorded technical lecture videos (approximately 6hrs per week) and will attend daily live events (Monday through Saturday) including research seminars from top scientists in the field (3hrs/week), mentored problem sessions (4hrs/week), project-specific software tutorial sessions (4hrs/week), career discussion forums (2hrs/week), student presentation sessions (2hrs/week), laboratory tours and demonstrations, and more. The summer school is designed for undergraduate students and early-stage graduate students, or anyone with a quantitative background who is new to modeling cellular regulatory systems/networks.
- Getting Started with Basic Scientific Computing in Python (May, Online)
- Single-Cell Optical Microscopy Experiments and Image Processing (June 1 – 4)
- Multivariable Statistics and Machine Learning for Single-Cell Data (June 6 – 8)
- Stochastic Simulations of Single-Cell Gene Regulatory Processes (June 9 – 11)
- Master Equation Analyses of Single-Cell Gene Regulatory Processes (June 13 – 15)
- Student Symposium and Workshop (June 16-17)
Questions and Contacts:
- Have questions? Check out our FAQs page: UQ-bio FAQS and Contacts
- For administrative questions, please email email@example.com to contact the q-bio program coordinator.
- For scientific questions, to volunteer as a lecturer or mentor, or to discuss sponsorship opportunities, please email Prof. Brian Munsky.
To learn more about the course, the instructors, the application process, please use the links in the menu to the right.
Interested to be a UQ-bio Mentor? If you would like to get involved as a lecturer or learning assistant in the Undergraduate Quantitative Biology Summer School, please contact the organizers or fill out this mentor application form.
Want to be informed about future q-bio summer school, conference, or mentoring events? Please sign up for our email list using the form at: http://eepurl.com/hv1oaf